Thursday, April 15, 2010

Week 13. Thursday.

It’s Thursday of week 13 of the spring semester here at Bluffton. To most people today is just another day, but it’s kind of a big deal to me. I withdrew from ONU on Wednesday of my 13th week there. So Thursday of week 13 at Bluffton means that I’ve officially been here for longer than I was at ONU. I’ve been intentional this week about remembering the journey that led me here, thanking God for this place, and reflecting on how these 13 weeks at Bluffton have shaped who I am and who I hope to become. It’s amazing, really, when I take time to think and pray and reflect…God is so faithful. But in a way, it’s strange to compare this week 13 to the last one. Week 13 at ONU was the end of what, at the time, felt like some sort of huge mistake. On this Thursday of week 13 at Bluffton, I have a completely different perspective. I know these 13 weeks are only the beginning of what God has in store for me here.

I remember a few conversations I had while I was home over Christmas before I moved to Bluffton. They went something like this: “Well, I just hope Bluffton is what you’re looking for. You know, no place is perfect. I just hope it doesn't disappoint you.” These conversations frustrated me at the time, but I know these people love me and were concerned about what seemed to them like a quick decision that I might regret later. It was a quick decision. And it’s true; no place is perfect. But the trick isn’t finding a perfect place...the trick is finding the perfect place for you. And thanks be to God, these 13 weeks have been exactly what I was looking for. My time here has surpassed my greatest expectations. And Bluffton isn’t perfect, but it’s the perfect place for me!

So thanks, God, for a week 13 marked by beginnings instead of endings. And thanks for second chances!


“Remember the long way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, in order to humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commandments. For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land with flowing streams, with springs and underground waters welling up in valleys and hills, where you will lack nothing.”
–Deuteronomy 8.2,7-8

Katie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment