Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beautiful Ending

There’s this song that I listened to all the time while I was at ONU. It’s by BarlowGirl and it’s called “Beautiful Ending.” It really resonated with me as I transitioned into college and didn’t find the “beautiful ending” that I expected. I could relate to the chorus, begging God to promise a beautiful ending even if the rest of the story didn’t make sense yet. The chorus goes like this:

“So tell me, what is our ending? Will it be beautiful? So beautiful? Will my life find me by Your side? Your love is beautiful. So beautiful.”

The answer is yes.

God has led me and is leading me every single day to my beautiful ending. The path to this place was not the one I expected, nor was it one that I would have willingly chosen, but it was the only perfect path. What felt and looked like nothing more than huge mistake turned out to be a necessary and valuable chapter of God’s perfect plan. God is so faithful.

I’ve been at Bluffton now for six weeks. I’ve made a million memories and have so many stories to tell, but I’ll save that for another day. However, I will say this: these six weeks have transformed my life and completely changed how I view education. Bluffton is an incredible and unique place to live and learn. In fact, you can’t really separate one from the other: living and learning goes hand in hand here like I have never experienced before. I couldn’t tell you where school ends and life begins. My classes ARE my passions and my dreams. My professors double as mentors and friends. God is in my homework, and my homework glorifies my God. My school has become my community. My school has become my home.
Every single day, I thank God for leading me to Bluffton. I appreciate this place more because I remember the journey that brought me here. There have been so many moments when I have paused and realized that by the grace of God, I am exactly who and where I was created to be. By the grace of God, my beautiful ending found me.

“Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning. You have turned my mourning into dancing; You have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, so that my soul may praise You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.” –Psalm 30: 5, 11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment