Friday, June 11, 2010

annual conference!

I spent the past week in Lakeside, Ohio at West Ohio Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. This was my 20th year at Annual Conference and my 4th year serving as an at-large delegate representing my district. Kudos if you’re not UM and you’ve made it this far! In non-Methodist speak, I spent the past week with about 3,000 other United Methodists from churches in West Ohio worshiping together, debating and voting on legislation and nominations, hearing reports about the ministry and business happening in West Ohio and around the world, and generally having a spectacular time. It’s always such a great week of fun and fellowship…every year I look forward to reconnecting with my favorite United Methodists and meeting lots of new ones!

Every year I’ve been a delegate, Annual Conference has been significant week in my life. This year was no exception. Quite honestly, this year’s Annual Conference was nothing like I had expected or hoped. But it turned out to be a week filled with the Spirit of God and incredible fellowship with lots of people I love! I have so many reflections on different moments and experiences throughout the week, some theological, some personal, and some just plain fun. Throughout the next few days, I’ll be posting some of those reflections. Stay tuned! :)


Pray Peace. Make Peace. Live Peace.

Katie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment